What causes signs of premature skin aging?
Stressors such as UV radiation, smoke, pollution, humidity changes and chronic stress attack your skin daily. These stressors are the sparks that form free radicals, helping cause a destructive chain of reactions that result in premature signs of aging in skin—loss of firmness; lines and wrinkles; and loss of vitality and radiance.
Does the new Green Science™ lifting system target a specific age range??
Green Science™ is for women and men who want to look their best at every age—particularly those concerned with addressing the signs of aging and premature aging—such as sagging skin and the appearance of lines and wrinkles. To find out which Aveda skin care regimen is best for you, view our Skin Care Guide.
I’m an adult but I still suffer from occasional acne. What can I do to help control my breakouts?
Aveda has created Outer Peace™ Acne Relief—a four-step daily system that has a 92% success rate in just four weeks. The daily regimen treats current blemishes, and helps stop new breakouts. The system also offers a specialized weekly treatment—Outer Peace™ Cooling Masque—to reduce visible redness and irritation associated with blemished skin. Learn more and discover the system here.
My skin is very sensitive to certain aromas and harsh chemicals. What products can I try to use daily that won’t aggravate my delicate?
Our All-Sensitive™ skin care line was formulated to specifically treat sensitive skin on a daily basis. The aroma-free formulas are blended with soothing botanicals—including ten Ayurvedic herbs—to cleanse and moisturize easily-irritated skin.
What if I have skin care concerns that at-home products can’t address?
Can my diet help prevent premature aging of the skin?
You can make a lot of improvements in your overall state of health and well-being by making healthy lifestyle choices. Here are some simple guidelines to follow:
- Consume a wide variety of whole grains, fresh or frozen vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds, greens and beans.
- Eat foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, low in processed ingredients and hydrogenated vegetable oils.
- Drink plenty of water—half your body weight in ounces per day.
- Do not eat foods containing hydrogenated oils. Limit all fried foods, saturated fats, refined oils and processed foods.
- Eat fruits and vegetables that are high in anti-oxidants. These foods are highly colorful. Think of red, ripe tomatoes, broccoli, carrots and eggplant.
- Eat organic food whenever possible. This will ensure higher quality foods, and less contamination with additives, dyes, chemicals, pesticides and antibiotics.
- Learn relaxation techniques or calming skills to help minimize the effects of stress
- Limit exposure in the sun